terça-feira, 19 de janeiro de 2010

Quiet Town
Cidade Pacata


I know somewhere
There is a party going down
Interesting people
Conversation to be found
I've lived in cities
Where there is no solitude
I've made some friends here
That I hope I never lose
But, for now
I want to stay in this quiet town

The neighbors on my block
They've got stories to tell
This is the grocery
But, once was a hotel
And Mr. Driskle he just stands there
With his smile
Inviting everyone he sees
To come inside
This is the life
I want to live in a quiet town

Sometimes I miss the show
I learned a long time ago

Sometimes I miss the show
I learned a long time ago

Come Sunday morning
There's a market on the square
Children are playing
Bells are ringing in the air
Old men are drinking
It's a lazy afternoon
Content with thinking
That there is nothing to do
But, for now
I'm going to stay in this quiet town
In this quiet town
In this quiet town
Eu sei que algures
Há uma festa a decorrer
Pessoas interessantes
Conversas podem ser encontradas
Já vivi em cidades
Onde não há solidão
Fiz alguns amigos aqui
Que espero nunca perder
Mas, por agora
Quero ficar nesta cidade pacata

Os vizinhos do meu bloco
Têm histórias para contar
Esta é a mercearia
mas, anteriormente era um hotel
e o Sr. Driskle simplesmente fica lá
Com o seu sorriso
Convidando toda a gente que vê
A entrar
Esta é a vida
Eu quero viver numa cidade pacata

Ás vezes eu perco o espectaculo
Eu aprendi há algum tempo

Ás vezes eu perco o espectaculo
Eu aprendi há algum tempo

Chega a manhã de domingo
Há um mercado na praça
As crianças brincam
Os sinos tocam no ar
Os velhos bebem
È uma tarde calma
Contento-me com o pensamento
Que não há nada para fazer
mas, por agora
Vou ficar nesta cidade pacata
Nesta cidade pacata
Nesta cidade pacata